VistaServ / Water Softeners
- To reduce spotting on dishes, glasses and flatware
Why do you need to soften your water?
- To reduce consumption of dishwashing and laundry detergents
- To reduce pipe, faucet and bath fixture scaling
- Hard water is less efficient and can lead to costly repairs and replacements
So how does a Water Softener work?
Water Softeners are pressurized tanks filled with resin beads covered with sodium ions. The system pushes hard water through a bed of cation exchange media. When this happens, objectionable calcium and magnesium ions are exchanged for sodium or potassium ions. After the beads become saturated with mineral ions, they are re-charged through regeneration. During regeneration, a brine solution is flushed through the tank, soaking the resin beads in sodium ions that replace accumulated magnesium and calcium ions. The brine solution that has picked up the displaced magnesium and calcium ions gets flushed down the drain by fresh water. Regeneration can be initiated with the control valve on the top of the tank and the resin beads can be used over and over again. This process results in what is known as soft water.
8 Benefits of Soft Water
1. Whiter, Brighter Clothes. Conditioned water eliminates soap scum that sticks to clothing. Soft water rinses away the scum that causes your clothing to appear dingy and grey, making them both cleaner and brighter.
2. Easier Dish Washing. Using soft water means no water spots or dull, sticky film. Your glasses and dishes will sparkle!
3. Flavorful Foods & Beverages. The food that you consume will not only look better, it will taste better too. Conditioned water retains the natural flavor of foods because they are no longer cooked in hard water minerals.
4. Efficient Cleaning. Soft water floats dirty and grime away, making your cleaning chores easier. Bath tubs, sinks, and other fixtures become easier to clean and dry without those annoying streaks.
5. Save Money on Soaps & Detergents. With soft water, smaller quantities of detergents and soaps are need. This lowers your costs on these products and puts the savings right into your pocket.
6. Save on Clothing Costs. Laboratory tests have shown that clothing that has been washed in soft water lasts up to 30% longer.
7. Save on Plumbing. Conditioned water prevents lime-scale that clogs water heaters and pipes, reducing water flow and leading to costly repairs.
8. No More Hard Water Scale in laundry equipment and dishwashers. Soft water prevents the formation of this scale that leads to equipment malfunction and wasted fuel.
Specifications: 9 x 48″ mineral tank, 1.0 cu. ft. high capacity resin,18 x 33″ brine tank, 2310 brine float, salt platform, 3/4″ stainless steel bypass valve, 5600 Fleck time clock valve, floor space: 27 x 18 x 56″
Capacity: 32,000 grains
Specifications: 10 x 44″ mineral tank, 1.25 cu. ft. high capacity resin, 18 x 33″ brine tank, 2310 brine float, salt platform, 3/4″ stainless steel bypass, 5600 Fleck time clock valve, floor space: 28 x 18 x 52″
Capacity: 40,000 grains
Specifications: 10 x 54″ mineral tank, 1.50 cu. ft. high capacity resin, 18 x 33″ brine tank, 2310 brine float, salt platform, 3/4″ stainless steel bypass valve, 5600 Fleck time clock valve, floor space: 28 x 18 x 62″
Capacity: 48,000 grains